Sunday, March 29, 2009

You should see my front yard

because it looks SOOO much different than it did two weeks ago. Two weeks ago I had 8 trees in my yard. Last week I had none and this week I have four.

We (DH) and I decided to start work on this fixer upper we live in. The trees were very old, some were diseased and some were just ugly. DH sawed them off and the backhoe pulled them out. I was most worried about the cinder block wall that my father built and was sure glad the backhoe operator didn't damage it. Thanks dude!

The same day DH was having the trees removed, I was on my way to buy new ones. In one of our past abodes DH had planted me a Purple Robe Locust and it turned out to be my all time favorite. It's blossoms are purple and hang down like grape clusters. It is a very fast growing tree and is beautiful and provides great shade. DH placed the 4 trees I bought to align with the center of each window on the front of the house so from every window I will be able to see a Purple Robe Locust. Isn't that just the best thing you've ever heard?

Yesterday we went out of town to pick up our 8X10 (I think that is the dimension) greenhouse. We also got a new window for my office as the other day when the wind was blowing just right, I could see the blinds blowing. Actually sounded like a Nor’ eastern was blowing thru my office.

It is going to be such a pain to put the new window in my office because I have this HUGE oaken desk and a plethora of electronic gadgets and files (quite the mess) to move so DH can get in here to work. UGH! Anyone volunteer to come help me move the stuff outta my office so I can get the new window installed? I didn't think so, wish I could be gone that weekend too. :)

I am so excited about the greenhouse. I know absolutely nothing about growing things in a greenhouse so any and all suggestions will be welcome. I did buy some starter plants yesterday, got two tomato plants and a pepper plant and some herbs. I was looking for Comfrey and you just don't see that at Lowe's or Home Depot. I want to make a salve out of that as it makes a great healing concoction.

On the way home yesterday I told DH that we should get some chickens to put in the yard once we get the fence reestablished. Boy did I get an ugly look............LOL.

I hate chickens, the only way I like chickens in frozen. I remember when I was a young lass, an old beat up ornery rooster used to attack me every time I tried to feed.............but that is a story for another time.

Also found some resin so I can do more tileboards. Had lunch at Red Robin. You have to remember that I live in the middle of rural Nevada and to go to the city is an all day trip, we try to make the most of it. All in all it was a great day.

Gotta go now and do my two miles on the treadmill. Sigh! Being beautiful and intelligent and talented and....takes so much effort. JK......have a GREAT week.

RRR

No comments:

Southern Mansion