Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year 2009

We all had a wonderful holiday and look forward to a prosperous and rewarding New Year.
I didn't get as many hand crafted gifts done as I would have liked, but plan on doing better next year.

At the moment, I have three crochet afghans that are each about 1/6 of the way done....ok, maybe they will be ready by next Christmas. I have one pair of knitted socks on a 40 in circular needle and just recently started a top down knit sweater that used more of a blueprint than a pattern. Once my friend Jenny taught me the CORRECT way to use stitch markers on this pattern, it started shaping up nicely. I started out using those split stitch markers and moved it within my knitting rather than from one needle to the next. Bless Jennie as she is the most patient and wonderful teacher and friend.

There are several projects that I have put on the back burner for the time being. Don't tell DK the Nautical Knitter that I put the Estes Park Stole down for awhile, but if you do, let her know I do plan on finishing it. :)

The original shawl that got me started on this path, dang that Debbie Macomber, Alix's Shawl is also on the back burner. I started reading the pattern and then switched to reading the chart and ..............sigh. I was even reluctant to have Jennie help me with this one again. Maybe now that the holidays are over I can get back to them. I am very close to finishing the top down sweater and then I am going to work on one project at a time until I get them all done. Famous last words.

Blessings to you and yours and until next time
RRR

1 comment:

Nautical Knitter said...

Oops, you just told me!! LOL!! I know you will finish it in due time. Until then, good luck on your other projects!!

Southern Mansion