Thursday, January 10, 2008

My very first sock has a mate

I did it! I really finished that Pair of Socks. If you look back through my posts you will find a picture of my very first sock. It had been on my mind and I knew I wouldn't rest easy until I finished the pair.

I learned a valuable lesson or two from those socks. I started that sock many many months ago and had forgotten the pattern. Although both socks are done, they do have differences. I will never wait 6 months to knit a mate, I will make sure that I have 2 sets of the same size dpns and plenty of yarn and will do the next ones simultaneously. That way I can be assured they will match. The heel flaps turned out different, the first one I ribbed and the last one I just used a stockinette stitch. The first one actually fits better and snugger. It has allowed me to see just what a difference a few purl stitches make.

I do plan on using them, for those days when I wish to laze around the house and be a bum. The floors get chilly in the winter and that lovely pair of pastel green socks will ward off the chill nicely.

That's all for now, maybe later I will post a picture of my precious socks.
RRR

No comments:

Southern Mansion